Dienstag, 1. Januar 2008

Good bye 2007, Hello 2008

I have to say that 2007 was a very good year. But now I have to let it go. This is how we left 2007 and welcomed 2008 last night. It was again, totally new way of celebration for me.

31st Dezember

The family who has also holiday house in Lüsai, who is more than good neighbor invited us for the party! Incuding their friends, about 20 people were there.

The house were nicely decorated and the table were prepared for Fondue Chinois!!

31st Dezember

What's Fondue Chinois?? Well, in the pan, you'll see bouyon soup in stead of cheese.

31st Dezember

and then you pick thin sliced meat on the plate..

31st Dezember

stick them to fondue fork and boil. Just like ShabuShabu in Japan!

31st Dezember

A gentleman visit tables and serve some meats.

31st Dezember

Fun thing about Fondue Chinois is that you can enjoy variety of sauces. I think only two sauce are available for basic Shabu Shabu..

Since I used to enjoy Sukiyaki with my family on every 31st December, it was great that I could eat something similar even in here Switzerland. I have to admit that I miss those Japanese style celebration. (normally you eat even soba afterward to wish for a new year) 31st Dezember

But the party was fun. Tables were seperated to boys table, girls table and adults table.. (i mean anyway we are all adult though:)

31st Dezember

Godzilla and Ursula tell the story about nuts cake..

Sorry, I didn't understand all.

When the clock start approaching 12am, everybody slowly gone crazy.

31st Dezember

I was really scared when she put fireworks on the table..

I thought it will explode and burn ceiling.

31st Dezember

Bomb!!!!!!!!

31st Dezember

Phewwwww, it was not that bad.

Huge version of cracker.

31st Dezember

Some are blowing bull and hitting everybody:)

31st Dezember

Yes we are ready for new year to come!

31st Dezember

Slowly the time is approaching. Somehow, everybody start trying to play trumpet.

31st Dezember

It seems to be difficult that it look.

31st Dezember

Couple of minutes before 12am, we all went out of the house. Their, Champaigne were buried in snow:)

31st Dezember

Other neighbors also seems to be excited. The stars were unbelievable beautiful.

5,4,3,2,1,,,,,,,,, BAAAAAANNNNN!!!!

31st Dezember

31st Dezember

31st Dezember

OMEDETOUGOZAIMASU!!!!!!!
Oops, mistake, Glatuliere!!!

31st Dezember

and then, everybody started kissing, hugging, toasting, each others.

Ah-huh, that's what my friend told me. She said she always go abroad over New Year since she doesn't like this kissing and things.

31st Dezember

Me? I'm ok, I enjoyed a lot. Maybe it was too cold to stay outside for a long time.

Holding Champaigne on the moment of New Year is very romantic.

I miss that huge energy of countdown event in Japan though. I used to go and watch huge firework among tons of people and heard everybody screaming "OMEDETOUGOZAIMASU".

Well, "tons of people" is often stressful. That's true.

31st Dezember

Now its' 2008. People went back to the room and started dancing. I was too tired because due to small sickness I had on the day and couldn't dance so much. (plus the difference of the music taste). Or am I got too old? Some years before, I spent whole night in club, dancing until morning on 1st of January..

When it comes to the event like this, I rerecognize the changes of my life. Typical way to spend this day in Japan are, "watching tradisional TV program with family" = COZY FAMILY TIME, "going out with friends to see countdown event" = HUGE PARTY. What I have experienced this time is something in the middle.

I'm in Switzerland almost a full year. But still many things are new.

Slowly these new things might become "ordinary" to me. (i hope)

I'm already curious myself what I'm going to write in one year later on same day but let's just wish another fun, exciting year for 2008!

Keine Kommentare: