Sonntag, 16. November 2008

My friend is a Broadway star

This year, New York was all about my friend Yuki. We stayed there total 3 nights and we actually spent time with her only for a drink and one lunch. But she gave us such a strong impression which made us feel "New York" as "Yuki". She is my friend who now living and working in New York to become a Broadway star!!

USA 2008

I met her in my previous job in Japan. We were still one of those "youngest" in the company and we performed as cheerleaders in employees party. It was indeed fun time I had there and this is how we became friends.

But I have to say that she is super direct girl which make her very unique Japanese. I mean she is never been a typical Japanese girl. (she admit herself). For example, when I introduced my boyfriend (now husband) to her, first thing she asked him was "what do you like about her?":) My husband and I never forget this! It was such a simple, straight question!
She is also quite moody. In other way, she doesn't hide her feeling. Many Japanese hesitate to show their REAL feeling in order to avoid conflict. But Yuki is not. When I ask her "how are you?" she can say "terrible" in grumpy face:)

I can imagine not all Japanese can get along with her well. But I like her very much. Her unique character make her attractive. And since she knows she is an emotional person, she realize "acting" is her best career becuase she knows how to be emotional. It comes out naturally from her inside.

Last stay in NY

So now she is living in New York, taking dance or acting lesson and same time working as a waitress. When she doesn't have lesson, she is working more than 12 hours in a restaurant and meantime, checking newpaper for any audition information.

New York 10.11.2008

Her world is full of drama. On the night we arrived in New York, we visited her restaurant. It was Halloween night and she was working there in a custume. She looked very good in the restaurant. But after 5 days later, she told me that she was fired!! I couldn't believe it!! She laughed and said "now I started training in another restaurant". What a tough girl..

USA 2008

She looks tough and she behave strong but she has sensitive part as well. She often tells me that she is jealous about me. She is jealous how I found Mr. Right and living peacefully in Switzerland. This is another straight forward word she gave me. She even went to see a councelor in order to be prepared to see us, without being jealous.

But actually, it's me who is a bit jealous. I am jealous about her life which is full of action and the fact that she is breathing air in America, chasing American dream. During our stay in US, I have been asked by a staff in Abercrombie&Fitsch if I want to join the team. I really love to if I can. Living in US was also my dream. But I'm not in the status anymore just moving around and do whatever I want.

Boston

Yuki really knows what she wants. That is something she has and I don't. What I can do is support her and wish her success. So what, if she lose part time job. Madonna was also switching around her job before she become so succesful. With her passion, I'm sure Yuki will reach to the point she dreams. In fact, she sing a phrase of "Phamtom of the Opera" very well!

Yuki's homepage is coming soon. Check it out by typing "Yuki Akashi" those who interested in strong, charming Japanese Hope who has full energy to consume in acting!

Last stay in NY

Keine Kommentare: