Sonntag, 3. Februar 2008

Snowboarding in St. Moritz

St. Moritz,, it's a small village but drive all the celebrities and VIPs from world crazy! The price of the hotel increase up to CHF1,000 per night and they are completely fully booked over New Year. This year there was also an unique episode. One rich man from Arabia was spenging holiday in St. Moritz and his son got his birthday during their holiday. He asked the son what he wants as birthday present and the son said "I want Camel in St. Moritz!". So he organized one camel in the niddle of the snow and made the field completely private for the son. The son enjoyed riding camel in the snow mountain in Switzerland.. Everything can be happened in this crazy village!! I'm very curious what in this place attracts so many people.

On the day we went snowboarding was perfect day. The sky was clear and snow was shining. Upon my last snowboarding experience in Lüsai, I was suffered by T-bar Lift and Teller Lift. But here the luxurious ski resoirt in St. Moritz, there's no such an old style lift. Only seat lift.

IMG_5831.JPG

IMG_5833.JPG

even with wind stopper!!!

IMG_5837.JPG

The scenery was beautiful. You could overview the village and the frozen lake hugged by snow mountain.

IMG_5868.JPG

I was surprised myself that I can ride on the board better than ever only until facing steeeeeep slope. Til this point, I was riding ok but on this huge slope, I tumbled down for 20 meters. Luckily, I didn't hurt. My husband is very mean. He doesn't understand the feeling of beginners who is not that sporty. He always say "just run down!!". I was unhappy.

IMG_5866.JPG

We started from 9am in the morning. We are healthy couple who sleep 10pm in the evening so we are often ready early in the morning. That was good. There are less people in morning.

But around 11:30, I needed to take break.

IMG_5855.JPG

Break during snowboard.. What I imagine is something like warm noodle. But here in St. Moritz, it's different.

IMG_5857.JPG

Super cool dining bar!!!

IMG_5856.JPG

with fur on the couches!!

IMG_5865.JPG

This is unbelievable. In St. Moritz, such a fancy tea time is available during snowboarding.

IMG_5885.JPG

Professional grill is also available. Sousages and chickens are grilled here and smell very good. Of course you can get also 3 course menu.

IMG_5893.JPG

Madams with fur coat also visit restaurant only for dining. Yes, people can take cable car from the village without skiing. This is St. Moritz style.

IMG_5883.JPG

Restroom is also special and as cool as that of fashinable city center.

IMG_5878.JPG

Men's sign.

IMG_5876.JPG

More women rush to restroom:)

IMG_5849.JPG

Even a snowboard holder in front of restaurant is high level!! Dear horn!! Oh my god!!

IMG_5850.JPG

Zeno with horn.



Unfortunately the quality of snow was not so satisfying. There were more people on the slope in the afternoon and I felt that snow goes harder and harder. I always had to be cautious to other skiiers. So I gave up at 1pm and went to the Sauna in the hotel next door. Here, I enjoyed private relaxing time.



All the facilites in St. Moritz are great but one thing I want to complain is that there's no hot spring nearby! (sauna is not hot spring!)



In stead of Onsen, I treated myseld in Sauna... IMG_5902.JPG

Keine Kommentare: