Samstag, 3. November 2007

The house at Virginia

We traveled from Washinton DC to Virginia where the family owns second house. Hal wrote us direction so me and my husband had first American drive together.
That was fun until he complains me when I didn't get the certain point as a nivigator.

But anyway we arrived. I was soooo suprised to see this country house. My husband was telling me "farm house" so I've never imagined like this. From "farm house" I was thinking a house middle of the farm, no shade, hot and being surronded by cows and pigs. But it was absolutely wrong. The house was standing there in a total quietness, surronded by beautifully shaded tree, overviewing calm lake.

Stay in Virginia

Stay in Virginia

I was amazed.

IMG_3239.JPG

As soon as we arrived, we explored the lake with kayak. Hal told me that bevers are living in the lake. I had to see them!!

IMGP3346.JPG

I've never seen such a calm lake..

IMGP3345.JPG

So calm lake reflecting beautiful tree on the water.

Stay in Virginia

So quiet that I here nothing but a bird's chukkling.

I didn't see bever....


Stay in Virginia

But I found their house.

Location is already special enough but what makes the house even more special is "lake overviewing jacuzzi"!!

As a Japanese, who is coming from the country of hot spring, it is the best thing I could get in a house.
Liz and Hal enjoy even Martini while bathing!!

After bath comes delicious dinner. I was also watching Laura a lot who is busy taking care of her 4 weeks old baby. There were many things I can learn from her. Her husband is also a very good father!

Stay in Virginia

Hal is now working on with the renovation of the house. Since he now has a grandchild, he is considering to expand the space in the house by adding another bedroom and larger dining room.
The master bed room will have a glass wall to see buitiful forest view from bed and from bathroom. You might can see dear while you are sleeping. How wonderful it is!

It was only two night stay but I enjoyed boat on the lake, walking around the lake, and shopping in the small town nearby. Cuppepper, a small town in Virginia was remains the atmosphere of good old America. Mike showed me around, stopping by many interesting shops.
and I enjoyed jacuzzi three times:)

Stay in Virginia

Staying Virginia was a great contrast from New York. They are two opposite sides of America. By seeing both sides, I learn the culture more.

Stay in Virginia

Thank you again to the family for inviting me to the beautiful house. It was short visit but very densed. I felt totally differently from few days before when I arrived in NY. After spending time with such a heart warming family, I feel familiar to American culture again.

Keine Kommentare: