Mittwoch, 31. Oktober 2007

2nd day in New York

We woke up earlier that we thought becauce of the jet lag. In a comfortable bed, I saw buildings and Hudson river in fog. It was raining.

But I didn't care. Becauce it was the day that one my lifetime dream becomes true. I had a reservation for Broadway.

In the morning, we went for breakfast. It's an another city-famous restaurant where normally doesn't accept reservation. (concierge tried but didn't work) My purpose it to have egg benedict made from organic egg.

IMG_3026.JPG

IMG_3025.JPG

Hmmmmm, Egg benedict...!! That's my favorite American breakfast which is only available in US. I was very satisfied. The restaurant called "bubby's" was also typical American restaurant which I like. When I ordered a bill to the waiter, he did "yeah" just like hip hopper:) Yes, I'm now is US.

We fully enjoyed breakfast but our schedule of the day was quite tight. Broadway starts at 2 and I had to pick up the tickets before 1:30. We really had to choose priority so after had a quick shopping in SOHO, my husband went Apple Store and I went Victoria's Secret. I really had to have pajama from their since my silk pajama from here had a small accident and been rippened:) I needed a new one.

It seems that the staff of the shop have to achieving certain number of selling the products. They came to me many times and asked if anybody helping me. First, I felt a little bit uncomfortable about it but they could be very helpful when I really require assitance. I asked for sizes and designs. It was very satisfying shopping.

When I finished the shopping, I thoght I have enough time until broadway starts. Another thing I absolutely wanted to try is New York bagle. Since it was only couple of blocks from Victoria's secret, I went to this famous bagle shop. As I arrived, I was astonished to see the line. The end of the line, there was Japanese girl. I concerned the time but seeing this Japanese girl, I was dragged to the line. I had a little chat with her.

IMG_3030.JPG

I grabbed one bagle, which is 85 cent and dashed into the taxi. It was 5 past 1:30. The bagle shop was not that far from broadway but I didn't counted the traffic. It was terrible. I almost fought with tixi driver being irritated by how slow it goes. At the end, I left taxi from one block away from theater and ran. Poor my husband was waiting for me in front of the entrace. I felt so bad. The show started as soon as we found our seat.

IMG_3029.JPG

I had to catch my breath and also my mind was occupied by bad feeling but it has been instantly wiped out by beautiful performance. My tear never stop during a song of Christine and Phantom. Her clear, transparent voice was so comfortable and his strong, passionate voice was indeed toching. My husband was first not interested but he also enjoyed. We had a seat in second row from the stage. I was completely overwhelmed when the show has finished. Just a little bit dissapointed when the Phantom started advertising their products upon last call. (anyway I bought his solo CD:))

IMG_3032.JPG

IMG_3034.JPG

The rain has stopped upon we went out. Sky has cleared and I finally I really saw "New York". The buildings and many many people. It is similar to Tokyo but maybe I feel more pressure from buildings. Manhattan is smaller than Tokyo so It seems like all the building are built closer to each others.


IMG_3054.JPG

IMG_3043.JPG

I also enjoyed watching stylish people. Rubber boots seem to be popular. They are very practical on rainy day. If I wear them in Zürich, everybody will suspiciously look at me.

IMG_3044.JPG

Another big event of the day still left in the evening. Meeting my high school friend now living in Boston!! I was really really looking forward to it. She and her American boyfriend came all the way to New York just to seeing us. I know my friend Kae for a long time and our men also already known each others. We had dinner together while we were all in Japan. So it was great to gather again in US! The Japanese restaurant I have booked, "GEISHA" was very stylish and was perfect for the situation. It's great to have men who are interested in Japanese culture and of course, seeing a good old friend again. When we were classmates in high school, we've never imagined 10 years later like this. Meetings each others in US, having both foreign man:) You never know what comes in your life!

IMG_3079.JPG

The above, you know how small Japanese girls are:)


Me and kae are both still new to live abroad and we could share many feelings and experiences. I like Switzerland but I absolutely miss my Japanese friends. That is same for Kae. I feel a hole in one spot of my heart not having a friend in Zürich. But the moment I saw Kae, I felt it has been healed. It was such a nice feeling to see a good friend after a while. And by learning that she also fighting with similar circumstances and making best out of it, I was even more cheered up.

With making another appointment for next day breakfast, we went back to the hotel. In the middle of the big city, it reminds me of my days in Tokyo.

1 Kommentar:

Anonym hat gesagt…

http://lumerkoz.edu Good Job, http://barborazychova.com/members/Buy-Neurontin.aspx outsiders complained http://www.lovespeaks.org/profiles/blogs/buy-metronidazole yourcontact http://rc8forum.com/members/Buy-Ezetimibe.aspx shaun mammal http://www.ecometro.com/Community/members/Buy-Amlodipine.aspx feldmanci lacked http://soundcloud.com/zolpidem regime