Mittwoch, 14. Oktober 2009

Oktoberfest 2009

It was another GREAT weekend in Munich!

But before you get there, it is always question of "how". We usually like to take train since we can both relax and read, have coffee in restaurant car and so on. However, taking train to Munich during Oktoberfest is not always the best choice.

Munich and Octoberfest 2009

These drunk Swiss people were continuously singing and shouting as they were already in a tent. When you happen to be same wagon with these kind of people, 5 hours ride to Munich becomes nightmare.

Anyway, we survived.

Munich and Octoberfest 2009

This time, we stayed by Thomas, a friend of Odie. I see him like a cousin of Odie since they know each others for a long long time. Thomas cook fabulous.

Munich and Octoberfest 2009

Ohhhh this pasta was gorgeous. After experiencing hell in train, I jumped up to heaven. It was really delicous.

Munich and Octoberfest 2009

He was like a professional cook.


Since we took it easy on the first night of our arrival, we were in full power on the next day.

Munich and Octoberfest 2009

I explored the city, where my father used to live. I have some memory that I walked the city with him.
It was a beautiful day.

Munich and Octoberfest 2009

I love Victoria Markt.

Munich and Octoberfest 2009

Munich is great, even the city is locating inland, they have variety of fresh seafood!!

Munich and Octoberfest 2009

I had really nice lunch.

Our weekend of Octoberfest is little bit different from last year. Last year, we stand in a line in front of the test at 9 o'clock in the morning. I was so exhausted in early afternoon. This year, we enjoyed the city for a while and headed to Wiesen around 3 o'clock.

I think this is the best to start a party.

Munich and Octoberfest 2009

Munich and Octoberfest 2009

Thomas is also in Lederhose.

Munich and Octoberfest 2009

Odie bought me a Lebkuchen as usual...

Munich and Octoberfest 2009

with strange sentence as USUAL!!:) "My funny bunny".

He prefer finding these unique phrase than simply "ich liebe dich" and so.

Munich and Octoberfest 2009

Thanks to our friends who we met by wedding, we managed to get seats in this tent.

Munich and Octoberfest 2009

It was very kind of Anna and Christian. Without their kind offer, we could never find a seat.

Munich and Octoberfest 2009

As usual, it is sooooo amazing how many people are squeezed in a tent.

Munich and Octoberfest 2009

What great about the test is live music. If you just want to drink, there are seats outside as well where you don't have to reserve. But this live music is something encourage the atmosphere of Octoberfest.

Munich and Octoberfest 2009

Jumbo pretzel.

Munich and Octoberfest 2009

Traditional German food..

Munich and Octoberfest 2009

Beer, beer and beer...

Munich and Octoberfest 2009

Although I cannot drink beer, I enjoyed the fest year by year. It's because I getting know these "Octoberfest lied" better than before. I can slowly sing even with gesture! Indiana song is my favorite.

Munich and Octoberfest 2009

But later in the evening, more people get drunk. Sometime I had to dance with a stranger whom I even didn't want to.

Wiesn 2009

and a German guy in my neighbor never allow me to toast with water glass anymore. Every time we toast, he forced me to take a beer. Ohhhh nooooooo.

I never stayed Otcoberfest so late. We stayed until the test close.

Munich and Octoberfest 2009

Thomas is half dutch and he is the strongest in alcohol. Even though he had lots of beer, he was sharp enough to shoot the targets:)

Munich and Octoberfest 2009

and I got many flowers! Thanks Thomas!

But afterward, Odie and I have been dragged to roller coaster. We were knocked out:) Roller Coaster after drinks..What a tough man..

Munich and Octoberfest 2009

On the next day, we had a beautiful Sunday brunch and nice walk in a garden. I'm sure people in Munich are happy to have such a wonderful, big garden in the middle of the city. We have visited Octoberfest twice in the past but I think this year was the best. We concentrated on the party from Saturday afternoon but the rest, we've just relaxed and enjoyed the city. Yes, Munich is the city worth to stay and hang out.

Munich and Octoberfest 2009

Although we were annoyed by drunk people in the train back to Zurich, sunset at Bodensee was beautiful as usual.

Which cosmetic matches to this event?

IMG_7209.JPG

Weleda Sloes Fit Juice 200ml<br>
After many glasses of beer, you need to detox and bring your body condition back to fit. Weleda Elixir will help you.

You can get it here.

1 Kommentar:

Thomas hat gesagt…

hi Yuka, thanks for the "fowers" :-) It was great having you guys over and you are very welcome any time!