Montag, 9. Juni 2008

EURO 2008

Now it's started! EURO 2008!! All the hotels in Switzerland in June are sold out since long time and I was wondering how it gonna be in sich a small country.
It's crazy!

Euro 2008

Jumbo soccer players suddenly appared on the main staion!!!

Euro 2008

You can see from the people, how big these figures are!!

Euro 2008

Zurich is not a normal Zurich now.. Usually it's like a ghost town on sunday but it was full with tourists and even shops are open!!

The city is full of soccer energy!!

Euro 2008

Not only the city but also Odie is excited.. He stucked the flag "HOPP SCHWIIZ" (go Swiss!) on the car..

Euro 2008

and organized Apello (cocktail) upon the first game of Switzerland.

Euro 2008

SCHWIIZ!!!!!!

Euro 2008

and my Swiss husband is all satisfied..:)

Euro 2008

We toasted for Switzerland.... but they lost. SCHWIIZ!!!!!!

Euro 2008

Even though Switzerland lost, we head on to the city to watch another game "Portgual - Turkey" at the outside monitor. Again, it was full of soccer energy. Lots of crazy fans with witsle, flag and towels,, many many more.

Euro 2008

I, as a third person point of view, it was more interesting to watch the reaction of those fans than game:)

This day, portgual had beautiful victory scoring 3 goals.

Euro 2008

Euro 2008

No matter who wins, one thing very clear is that everybody really enjoying and having fun! I got jealous that my country is not playing..

I also want to hang my flag proudly or wrap myself with my flag!!!

Euro 2008

Odie bought Swiss flag as well. He said, "Oh, I have to get one as well, I can use it on National Holiday and also Olympic, this is great!" and I told him "well by Olympic, Japanese flag will come next to yours!" and then Odie continues "Hmmmm, that I have to consider. Maybe Japanese flag has to go Toillet". WHHHHHHHAAAAAAATTTT!! Japanese flag in toilett! That I definetely can't accept! In such a case, I will cover Swiss flag with my Japanese flag!!

and so on... The battle between 2 countries has already started.. When Japan and Switzerland have to play upon World Cup, it will be a battle in our home as well..

Keine Kommentare: