Sonntag, 10. Februar 2008

Operabal 2008

I have to say that it was the day I became Cinderella. My third visit of Opearabal in Budapest.



2 years ago on my first visit, I didn't know the dress code and I brought my best dress I had that time. The legth was down to knee. However, I was about to be kicked out since the dress code for woman is full legnth dress and mine was too short. We forced to get into the hall but I had this bad feeling whole night long that maybe someone seeing me as inproper girl. 1 year ago, I had full legnth black dress. I borrowed from Ursula. It was beautiful dress but still it makes different in feeling if you wear your own dress or not. This year was revenge.

Operabal Budapest 2008

I had more than proper dress.

Not only myself but also Zeno. Before the marriage, he can be opposed to everything. He knew the dress code of "black tie" but wore normal tie which against the rule. But since last year, he follows the rule. I was so proud to be the guests which appreciated by Operabal.



My dress is actually the one which I wore on my wedding day. Most of Japanese people just rent a dress for a wedding but since our family goes to the bal evey year, I bought one. In Japanese, there is a saying "third honest" which means third comes the real one.

Operabal Budapest 2008

As we got off from the car, we have been taken many photo. A castle made by ice was frushing by many blitz. They were all professional photographer.

Operabal Budapest 2008

First we went Gozilla's second house locating close to the opera house. All the friends were already ready.

Operabal Budapest 2008

I look funny on the couch:) My dress is indeed huge.

Operabal Budapest 2008

Taking photo in front of Godzilla's master piece.





It's always great fun to gather at Godzilla's place and move on to the Opera house together. Unfortunately a good friend of ours, a hungarian girl was not able to join this year.

Operabal Budapest 2008

Again photo shooting time. A photo with Ursula.



Surprise continues. All of the sudden, a TV reporter came over to us and started interviewing us!! In Hungarian.. Of course we both had no chance to understand but luckily it was a broadcast in Berlin and they could switch to German. I'm curious if we were really on air or not..

Operabal Budapest 2008

Operabal Budapest 2008

Ohhhhh, very beautiful Hundarian gate guard...!!!


and we went in. I had no idea when I was here 3 years ago but now I know at least how to enjoy:)



The opening performance is always gorgoues. With a live orchestra, "Debütanten" the pair dancer who perform in front of all the people in the beginning. These dancer are chosen among the large number of applicants, and once they are chosen, they could dance as "Debütanten" only one time.



Check out video. You can see all the Dabütanten going round and round the hall. So interesting to see each faces. Some look nurvous, some look very proud.



Kid dancers were also super cute and same time they indeed danced very well.



The show continue to opera. During the song, there was a happening. One Debütanten fainted who had to keep still and standing during the whole show. I could understand. Being nurvous in front of many people with tight dress and high heel,, it's not easy.

But what I have amazed is that she was about to be carried out but she stood up and back in the row. She could finish the performance. What a tough hungarian sprit! Yes, it was a big experience for her once in a life time!!

Operabal 2008 Budapest

After the show, we danced. "third honest" didn't happen here.. I still can't dance Walz well. With a right dress, I really want to dance at least in an average level but maybe I have no talent.

Operabal 2008 Budapest

Other families and friends were dancing very well.

After trying couple of songs, I had to take rest and watched how beautiful the bal is.. It could be better if I can dance well..

Operabal 2008 Budapest

Shame but we went to the bar and took rest. Barternders here are always totally busy. You can get as much drinks as you want here for free. Last year, there was a twin girls baternder. They were cute but I didn't see them they year.


There is also a live band where you can dance like in disco. My dress was not proper in this atmosphere but I danced.

I danced 80's rock'n roll with real walz dance:) Many people looked at me and smile. I just continued dancing and made fun myself.



My dress has advantage and disadvantage. I was seen like a star but it's really difficult to find a space everywhere. My skirt is HUGE.

I was treated like CIndellera that Odie helped me to hold my skirt going stairs up and down.



But the dream of Cinderella is finished at 12 o'clock. After rock'rolling with tight special underwear I had and also high heel, I was completely exhausted. We went back to hotel at 1 o'clock. This is relatively early but I thought I enjoyed enough.

Operabal Budapest 2008

I promised with my Uncle-in-Law (another soft Godzilla) that we dance together next year. I have to convince Odie to take more dance lesson together so that I'll be good enough to dance with him. Maybe I have to reconsider about my dress as well in order to stay longer.. Godzilla and Ursula stayed until 4 o'clock! Maybe before taking dance lesson, I have to physically train myself from beginning. Whatever..



But night of Budapest was again very beautiful. As being a Japanese girl, it's really a miracle to participate in such a party where you can feel like an Europen noble in old days!

1 Kommentar:

Anonym hat gesagt…

I was laughing out loud several times while reading your blog, specially the one with "third honest didn't happen here" made me smile, I like your humour and honesty.... keep on going, hug, fay