Sonntag, 6. Januar 2008

Last day in Lüsai

Since the day I crashed from the lift, I was quite scared of this most UNIQUE (oldest) lift you could find in the world..

IMG_5434.JPG

The one, something like an UFO, hanging in the air is the LIFT. Check it out how it's function.

IMG_5436.JPG

Wait for the UFO.

IMG_5437.JPG

Grab it.

IMG_5438.JPG

Pull it down and hold it between legs.

IMG_5440.JPG

and let the board slide until the top. Looks easy? NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Maybe it's easy for those "advanced people" but for beginners, who cannot control their board well, it is the worst lift you could get.

This UFO is NOT a chair. Once you put the weight on it, you fall. UFO is something just pull you to the top so you constantly have to balance on the board (only one left leg is fixed) considering the EDGE. (this is the most difficult thing).

If you fall on steep slope, you'll be hurt quite hard and I've done it 6 times until I reach to the top.

IMG_5442.JPG

For skier, no problem. It's easy for them to balance. The lift is unfriendly to "beginner boarders (like me)".

Another problem is this one.

IMG_5446.JPG

"T-born Lift". This is for 2 people.

IMG_5444.JPG

again, you grab it and pull it down, keep the bar between legs. Actually, this bar hurt as well. Right inside of my leg has lots of bruise due to this lift. I crashed with this one as well together with my husband.

I almost lose the spirit torward snowboarding but thanks to god, it's started snowing whole night, whole day.

IMG_5495.JPG

Everything is covered white. Lots of fresh, powder snow on ths slope.

IMG_5525.JPG

So I tried again.

I wanted to get use to the speed. Whenever I have too much speed, my body automatically stop the speed. I was always too scared to fall in full speed. But with this powder snow, I had less fear. I could learn running straight without making turn. I also enjoyed following Ursula.

IMG_5526.JPG

My body buried in powder snow many times:)

IMG_5539.JPG

Godzilla also took photo of me:)

I've never run that fast in my life. First time, I experienced the shower of snow hitting my face and the wave of snow that my board make. It was beautiful.

IMG_5558.JPG

After our last run, we celebrated that all return safely. (well, I return safely). I was so happy that I felt my progress during the stay. My husband even decided to buy the shoes and board for me which we rented. They were perfect for me.

IMG_5455.JPG

I'm not yet feel 100% secure about these lifts, but I'm satisfied with my first snowboarding experience in Switzerland.

2 Kommentare:

Anonym hat gesagt…

Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.

Anonym hat gesagt…

Yuka - I think you're amazing. I remember those lifts from when I
used to ski and they were terrifying for skiers, nevermind boarders!
Good for you for trying again and again. You'll get it and afterall,
you can't let those davatz's get ahead of you!

Have a wonderful time in 2008. What a great adventure you two have
begun. Love, Lis