Sonntag, 14. Oktober 2007

Another surprising wedding in Switzerland

This weekend, I had another very interesting wedding experience! I went REAL SWISS mountain, two successive weekends. This time, driving from Zurich for 2.5hrs to Avers-Juf. It was the wedding of a cousine of my husband.

IMG_2839.JPG

IMG_2850.JPG

Upon we arrived, we found cocktail party being prepared on the surface of the mountain:)

IMG_2848.JPG

,, and church also at the edge of the mountain hill.

IMG_2859.JPG

Some were in black ties but many people dressed casual. I was very stupid to wear pin high heel which stucked into the ground every step I had.
There were family and lots of neighbor in the small village. A mother of the bride told me that the place is the community locating highest point in the world.

IMG_2867.JPG

Wedding couple.

I have to confess that it was a huge culture shock for me that the bride had no problem to drag her dress on the street, on the mountain... which is not clean.. Even I, who was not wearing a wedding dress was being very cautious of not stepping on to cows shxxx. So surprising how casual they are but that makes them look cute.

IMG_2868.JPG
We walked torwrad the church. The weather was indeed blessing wedding pair.

IMG_2871.JPG Another surprise. The bell are ringed manually:) Ding-dong ding-dong, two peple are busy to ring bells in full power. It must be a good excersice:)

IMG_2876.JPG

Another surprising incident. Priest is late! Groom are completely ready and waiting inside but the priest never came:) How can it be like that at the most important event in life:) But here, everybody are totally relaxed and just joked about it. I love these laid back people. A boy, who is hiding behind groom is a son. He is unbelievably a cute one.

Finally priest came and made such a borinig long long story. I thought it's becauce me who don't understand Swiss German but it seems that the other people had also same feeling. The priest was too much.

IMG_2883.JPG

Upon we left the church, there was a line of people. My god, what are they caring?? It's a sledge and ski board, in stead of flower shower!!

IMG_2889.JPG

Ohhhhhh, don't hit me!!!

I mean what an idea!!

IMG_2897.JPG

When it comes to the wedding pair..... :)) A groom pulling wagon for bride.

It seems that the joke level of this pair is quite high.

IMG_2900.JPG

What I have been impressed the most is how cute the children are/
The above is a flower girl who gently strew flower and candies on the grown where the pair goes.

IMG_2891.JPG

I like this idea of candies. On a green grass, colorful candies are also like flowers. But tasty.

IMG_2906.JPG

Boys dressed the best they can. Whan I focused my camera..

IMG_2908.JPG

They paused for me!! Oh, I really wanted to kidnap them. If that's not allowed, I have to make one by myself:)


While we are enjoying cocktails, another perfomance by wedding couple has started!

IMG_2922.JPG
Ski board??

A bride is in ski jacket:))

She is a professional ski teacher who is beloved by many children.
IMG_2938.JPG

And she started teaching skiing to groom!!!

So interesting that they could be funny with their dress on. In Japan, I must say that bride couple, especially bride are not allowed to be funny. In old days, calm, neat and shy women are appreciated. (even now, that's a symbol of Japanese women's character!) Now a days of course women are more crazy:) but if they are in wedding dress, they are still expected to be a symbolical Japanese woman. Wearing a ski board with wedding dress? No way.

IMG_2947.JPG

But such a wedding with no restriction create heart warming party. They do whatever they want and willing to entertain guests. Obviously guests enjoyed more with their casual style

I experienced another swiss style wedding..

Keine Kommentare: