Montag, 24. September 2007

Oktoberfest

Over the weekend, we went München!! The purpose of the visit is of course, having party at the world famous Oktoberfest!! Yes!! Thanks god that we're living in Zürich. We could enjoy this popular festival only over the weekend without taking extra holidays.

Visiting München means more than enjoying Oktoberfest for me. I have couple of friends there. On Saturday, a friend of mine who is Japanese girl, joined us whole day even she is planned to have a baby in one month!
First thing we've done before going "Wiesen";the big platz where Oktoberfest take place, is buying traditional dress. Girls wear a dress call Dirndl and boys wear Lederhose. There were variety of Dirndl, many different colors and different length of skirt. I chose blue-purple one which is my favorite color. My husband bought full costume from shoes to shirts:)
Oktoberfest 2007
Oktoberfest 2007
So we are well equipped and went Wiese. Oktoberfest... it is indeed a HUGE festival. I say, one big amusement park is suddenly appear in the city where you can drink all day. There are a number of attractions and food stands just like in amusement park. What makes it different from amusement park is that there are lots of temporary made giant tents where people squeeze in each tables and drinking like a hell:)
Oktoberfest 2007
Drinking inside...
Oktoberfest 2007
Drinking outside.

It's true that tons of tons of beer are served in every seconds. Can't believe how powerful these waiters and waitresses are.. They are carrying 10 huge glasses at once.
Oktoberfest 2007
Tents are normally reserved in advance. I heard reservation is accepted from beginning of the year. Outside seats are also totally full but we had a luck to find a seat.
Oktoberfest 2007
Roasted chicken is the popular food served at the test. And other German foods which is basically all about meat.
Oktoberfest 2007
Huge Prezel!!
Oktoberfest 2007
Shame that I can't drink beer. But I can enjoy the atmosphere without drinking!! People easily get to know each others with neighbors. The guy behind us often came to our table and asked to sing together. The other guy, who was totally drunk constantly bothering us and at the end, he spilled the water on my camera!!
But I also got to know a girl who was sitting at the table next to us. We talked indeed a lot. She was such a heart warming girl.
Oktoberfest 2007
Oktoberfest 2007
Mattias, a husband of my Japanese friend is a real German. He is totally satisfied and relaxed after couple of beers. We also had lots of fun together! Hmmm, this is the way you enjoy beer.. How to enjoy beer can be learned from real German!
My husband tricked me. He bought me a pretty cookie in heart shape. Something was written on it but since it was Bayern German, I didn't understand. I was happily hanging the heart cookie from the neck but somehow it dragged the attention from everybody. As I was waiting for my friends to come, some boys even tried to kiss me. (just teasing me) Later, I found out that it was written "GIVE ME A KISS"!
Oktoberfest 2007
Girls are checking Dirndl dress of each others. It is like a Tanabata festival from my hometown. Girls all go festival with Yukata (Japanese traditional summer dress) on. At the festival, most of them check others Yukata since it also has many colours and designs. I was really satisfied with my Dirndl but it was also interesting to see other girls how they are wearing it.
We left around 6 pm but of course party goes on until late and for next 3 weeks! How the city spend energy for the festival (maybe it profits more!) is amazing. And it prove that having party with beer is absolutely the best pleasure for German people. The people, totally strangers gather at once and all have a good time, talking, singing and even dancing together. This culture of course attracts many foreigners as well and involving lots of tourist as well every year.
Oktoberfest 2007
It was blessing day. Catching up with friends and at the same time, experiencing new culture. My weekend couldn't be a better one!!

6 Kommentare:

Anonym hat gesagt…

thank you!!! nice pictures!!!

--SpringHawk, from Los Angeles California

Anonym hat gesagt…

Not sure where to post this but I wanted to ask if anyone has heard of National Clicks?

Can someone help me find it?

Overheard some co-workers talking about it all week but didn't have time to ask so I thought I would post it here to see if someone could help me out.

Seems to be getting alot of buzz right now.

Thanks

Anonym hat gesagt…

where in munich did you find your dirndl? very pretty! :)

Natalie hat gesagt…

I attended Oktoberfest 2007. It was wondeful though I don't even drink beer

Anonym hat gesagt…

100datingwebsites.com

Anonym hat gesagt…

The information were very helpful for me, I've bookmarked this post, Please share more information about this
Thanks