Montag, 17. September 2007

First Hair Dresser in Zurich

One of the most important issue I had for living in Zurich is HAIR DRESSER. It seems that styling your hair is not so much important issue in here Zurich. My Swiss colleague, a pretty girl, really doesn't care where she goes to cut her hair. In Japan, hair dresser are actually called "hair salon" and girls are expecting more than cutting her hair. THE SALON I used to go offer variety of aroma shampoo and massage. I could enjoy relaxation while my hair being cut.

I had my BEST hair stylist in Japan. I had my whole reliability on him. I just walk in, tell him a little bit of tips that I want and he take best out of it, even more than my expectation. I always worried if he quit his job one day, than I never know how I can deal with my hair further. I always thought, "I'm not gonna let anybody to touch my hair expect him". This is the way we take "hair salon". It is not just the place to "cut your hair". It is about "how to arrange your hair"

I wish I could go back to Japan every time I want to cut my hair,,,, but the time has come that I finally have to let someone else to touch my hair. I decided to go hair dresser in here Zurich, where my sister-in-law recommended to me.

I left my home with my favorite casual, but also trendy and stylish one I had. On the day I have appointment at hair salon, I always wear something represent my style the most. It gives good impression to stylist and let them easier to understand what I want. It also has an effect to give the stylist a pressure that they can't do wrong:)

As I arrived the salon, my stylist was expecting for me at the reception. She instantly showed me a friendly smile and we shook a hand. Hmm, this is very European style to shake hand at the salon but I liked it. It wiped out my nervous feeling.
Than she consulted what kind of style I have in my mind. I always think that the hair style which looks very cute on western woman never match to Asian woman. (hair itself is totally different!) So I showed the script from Japanese magazine with Japanese model who has the style I want. She looked at it and agreed.

Hair shower was not that comfortable. The salon I used to go had a chair recline like the one at first class, so that customers don't hurt neck during long shower. My hair is too heavy to be patient until finish being washed. Also, there was no towel provided to put on my face. Towel avoid shampoo getting into your eyes and also gives you a peace underneath of it.

After the shower, a drink was offered. That was happy surprise. Cold ice tea tasted good after shower.

I was staring at the skill of my hair stylist. She was quite good, checking the length everytime and always asked me if she can cut so far. I was happy that she really paid attention to my wish.

Furthermore, I really enjoyed talking to her. She is very open and also gave me many fun information about the city. At the end, I even wish if she could be a friend of mine! She is indeed a cool woman.

My hair style was completed as a little bit different from a model girl in magazine. I say, my hair has been arranged as more European cut. But it was a good changes, otherwise, I always want same kind of style.

Overall satisfaction, I could judge only when I leave the salon. I left the place with big smile. Even I have to challenge with new hair style, I had a comfortable stay and that is also important. Beauty will not created without comfortable atmosphere.

I learned again something new in Zurich. Learning hair salon also takes part of learning the city. Step by step, I have to find my own world here.

2 Kommentare:

Anonym hat gesagt…

hello, I am a Taiwanese,who also lives in Switzerland. I am looking for a good hairdresser, because everytime i feel disappointed after go to Swiss hairdresser. I see you have a good experience from a Swiss hiardresser. I would like to know this hairdresser. The best will be if you know any Japnese hiardreser in Switzerland. Thank you so much. I wish you a nice day. ..........by Daisy

chia hat gesagt…

Hi Yuka,
You might want to try a Japanese hairdresser, Hirano. I wrote about him last night after my haircut :D

http://chiakaivalya.wordpress.com/2009/03/26/most-awesome-hairdresser-in-zurich/

I went for a dry cut but he also does wash + cuts for about 100CHF.