Samstag, 1. September 2007

Back in Ermioni

Third visit in Ermioni in Greece. Here, the family of my husband own 4 houses in same area. My husband has his own and his parents have theirs. This time, it's my third visit here but first time traveling together with his parents. I was looking forward to it.
Greece 2007
Above, our house.
We arrived Athens late. As we flew from chilly Zurich, I was surprised with the temperature. I knew, this is how the summer should be! It was warm even in the night and a little bit humid. Just like that of Japan.
Greece 2007
The view from the hotel in Athen.
We stayed one night in Athens and the next morning, I was astonished once again by it's total clear summer climate. We woke up at 8 o'clock in the morning but sun was shining like in the noon of Zürich. Since the temperature of Zürich is already shifting like Autumn, I was so glad to have summer back!
Greece 2007
First thing we've done in Athen is swimming in the hotel pool:)

From Athens to Ermioni, we took a boat "Flying Dolphin". We walked through a shopping street in Athens and then took a train to Pireus, which is the core harbor in Greece.
Greece 2007
Train station of Pireus.
Greece 2007
"Flying Dolphin". The bigger on in behaind is "Flying Cat"= "Flying Catamaran"
"Flying Dolphin" stop by twice before arriving Ermioni. Poros and Hydra. I like to see people getting off from the Dolphin. I see many heart warming meeting of people who might only see each others during holiday. Many hugs and kisses with big smile on everybody.
Greece 2007

Finally arrived in Ermioni. Like in other islands, many people are waiting for their friends and guests getting off from Dolphin. Nobody waiting for me but first time I felt like I'm in back to home. Compare to last year, the town showing more friendly face to me, not acting like a stranger anymore.
Greece 2007
Last twice visit, the town was complete stranger to me. I mean I was a total stranger at the place. Up to now, I see no Asian face. Everything in this town is way too different from anywhere else I knew. But now, as I got off from the Dolphin and smelled the air, I felt at home.
Greece 2007
First thing we have to do in Ermioni is just dive into the water. I surprised once again how warm the water is and how easy to swim in the salt walter! I think I have been trained by Zürich lake.
Greece 2007
I found my home once again when I put my googles on and looked under water. There, fish of Ermioni was there just like last year. I like snorceling in Ermioni. As I saw same scenery, same sea creature there, I felt once again "I'm back".
Greece 2007
It is only first day back in Ermioni. We arrived at late in the afternoon but already fully enjoyed refreshing ocean water, Greek cafe and also Greek dinner!

Keine Kommentare: