Sonntag, 23. Dezember 2007

1 st Christmas in Switzerland

We are now having our first Christmas in Switzerland. Last 2 years, my husband always visited me in Japan. This year is a little bit different, we have our apartment and ready to have a Christmas as a married couple.

First work we had together for the prepatation is..

IMG_4834.JPG

getting a Christmas tree!!

I thought we will have small fake Chritmas tree but my husband told me that we will have REAL one!!
Real Christmas tree!! I've never had it in my life!! Our family used to live in US so we always decorated Christmas tree,,, which was "fake" one. As a Japanese standard, anyway it was great to have huge Christmas tree at home, even it's not a real. (having real tree is Japan is almost imposible) Plus, not so many family can afford huge Christmas tree in home in terms of the size of the house. So I was always totally happy at least to have a big tree. I've never imagined myself arranging huge, real Christmas tree in future!!

IMG_4849.JPG

In our neighbor, there is a Christmas tree market. My husband is carefully chosing which one to take.

IMG_4851.JPG

and he decided one. So interesting how you wrapp up the tree. you put the tree into a huge ring..

IMG_4850.JPG

and it is already covered in a net..

IMG_4852.JPG

pull it out from the other side!!

IMG_4854.JPG

bottom part is slightly cut to adjust to the base.

IMG_4860.JPG

IMG_4857.JPG

we carried it back home.. It's heavy than it looks!!

IMG_4865.JPG

safely arrived to our home

IMG_4867.JPGIMG_4868.JPG

gently carried it into out living room, on to the base.
My husband took good care of him!!

IMG_4871.JPG

IMG_4875.JPG

and take the net away..

IMG_4877.JPG

slowly showing it's beautiful tree shape:)

IMG_4878.JPG

all the way up!

IMG_4882.JPG

the height of the tree was perfect to the height of the ceiling. Just 10 cm away from the ceiling. The christmas tree is standling on the corner of our room but look a little bit lonely.. it's because it haven't been decorated.

I asked my husband to go and buy ornaments. When I asked, I had mixed feeling.
1. I want to enjoy Christmas shopping with him. 2. It's better to go shopping without him so that I can buy only the things I want.

He decided to come with me:)

IMG_0024.JPG
IMG_0020.JPG

Ornaments corner of the Globus was beautiful.
First my husband told me that he has no interest to decoration so I'm in charge of chosing it. Yes!!!
So I had an image of the decoration, orange-gold base with a little bit of silver. The photo on the top is my ideal selections. So I carefully chose these items.

IMG_4884.JPG

But suddenly, my husband came to me with one ornament...

IMG_4886.JPG

What's this... Did you grab it from disco??

IMG_4890.JPG

and then came this one. No, you can't see such a tranparent item on the tree!!

I was trying to buy ornaments in package so that you can get similar colors in a good price. But my husband is only intested in those "unique" ornaments which cost almost 15CHF for each!! He said he will pay for all of them..
I couldn't say anything further..

on the way to cashier, these things were added..

IMG_4893.JPG

so our Christmas tree look proud now. (i hope)

IMG_4894.JPG
But when you look close,, you'll find funny items such as,,

IMG_4901.JPG

!? IMG_4905.JPG

my husband thinks this bird is like Sandro, his friend:)

IMG_4902.JPG

oh my god. I don't want black Owl on our tree.. But my husband treat him like VIP.. He is especially satisfied with this owl.. Whatever..

SO does our tree for this year is completed which is a little bit different from what I have planned..

But it's indeed nice to have a real tree in our living room. It smell so nice like in forest.

Thinking of every Christmas I had in Japan, I really feel that my life has drastically changed this year. I've never had such a cozy Christmas for last couple of years. In Japan, you often go out on Christmas with boyfriend and stay outside whole day. This year, I'm spending comfortable time with my husband at home. It makes me realize again that I now have a new family!!

IMG_4908.JPG

but next year,, I try to have my style of Christmas tree!!
Merry Christmas!!

Keine Kommentare: