Donnerstag, 29. November 2007

Last day in San Francisco

It was the last day in San Francisco. It means last day with my parents and last day of our whole journey in US. The weather was blessing.

Last day in SF

My husband finally boycotted from our family so I had private time with my parents. Just being three of us, it reminds me of my childhood when I lived here as a small girl. Since we back to Japan, we've never traveled to US with family so I was very happy to see my parents again in US. The day was all about bay and sky. I was wrapped up in this deep blue.

Last day in SF

My father with his favorite seafood restaurant at Sausalito.

Last day in SF

with my mom. I'm hanging necklace from my father. My parents are so kind to me than ever before. Especially my father, he never showed me his direct affection torward me. Being apart, you realize how you love your family and so do I.

After strolled down Sausalito, we went Pier.

Last day in SF

Last day in SF

We saw the Ark which used to float on the ocean! It looks like a normal house with shower and kitchen but has waterwheel!

Last day in SF

When you take Cable car which goes to Hyde Street, you can find this pier at the last stop.

Last day in SF

Fisherman's Wharf is also right on the corner.

After having a coffee at Ghirardelli square, where you could find the best chocolate in California, we went for Bay Cruise.

Last day in SF

Even though the tour to Alcatraz was sold out, we could get this Bay tour with an audio guide. I could enjoy the city view from ocean..

Last day in SF

Passing by piers..

Last day in SF

and approaching Goldengate Bridge, which is colored real "Gold" by sunset.

Last day in SF

Last day in SF

Last day in SF

Last day in SF

Last day in SF

Our ship went throught under the bridge! I was living in San Francisco but never seen the bridge from below!

Last day in SF

Our cruise went further and finally start approaching to Alcatraz.
Last day in SF

The ship went close enough to catch the sight of all the buildings remain on the island.

Last day in SF

Actually, from Alcatraz, you could see the best view of San Francisco including bridges and city. I wonder how the prisoners felt from this view. Maybe it increase the feeling of loneliness. My Audio guide told me that there were only one succesful case for breakout. Two prisoners are said that they swam and crossed the bay but no one saw them since then.

Last day in SF

So our cruise has ended as well as my trip in US. US, the country of freedom, just like this Seagull.
We've really done a lot and saw many faces of the country. I still feel it's my second home country and so does my husband. Our dream to move into this country one day are now not only "dream" but "PLAN"!

Keine Kommentare: