Samstag, 23. Juni 2007

Up to Grossmünster!

I've been in Zürich since this January, already half a year. Slowly being like a local girl (?) but there are still many things I don't know about Zürich. Grossmünster is one of the unknown places for me, even though it's a symbol of Zürich. It's tall tower is visible from many places in Zürich but I've never even got in here.

It was windy but clear day. I convinced my husband to walk old town with me. (it's not his favorite place!) We walked by Grossmünster and all of sudden, it came up to my mind to climb up all the way top of this church! I normally don't willing to climb up tower, but today, my inspiration was telling me to do so:)

So we went it. First time in Grossmünster. There was beautiful grass window and also for some reason, there was a people of orchestra playing music.

F_062307_013

In order to climb up the tower, we had to pay. Then we bravely went into very narrow, high steps, stone made stairs, going round and round.

F_062307_012

After 50 steps or so, changed to wooden steps. Small steps but at least more comfortable. In between, there was small display of photo and history about Zürich and Grossmunster.

F_062307_011

Then we arrived! Of course it was easier than climbing up to Sagrada Familia but it was long enough way to gain beautiful overview of Zürich.

F_062307_004

F_062307_005

Looking down the city of Zürich is new experience also for my husband who is living in Zürich for XX years. I think it's nice to see the city from different angle from time to time. Whenever I climbed up to the symbol tower of city, I always recognized myself that I'm living in such a beautiful city. (I went up to the tower of Roppongi Hills often in Tokyo) Of course there's no skyscrapers in Zürich but this city is indeed beautiful. I could view lake, mountain, churches and pretty houses in city and up to hills.

On the way down, I met many small children, one couple and two big tourists going up. I believe the view of Zürich was impressing many people for a long time and it will keep attracting many people visiting.

I'm proud of myself living here.

F_062307_001

Keine Kommentare: