Sonntag, 1. Juli 2007

Culture shock at doctor!

My weekend has started horrible way.. I had to visit doctor first time since I moved to Zürich. Nothing is wrong, I'm healthy ever before but I have to have constant check at gynecology. I was nervous of course from language problem but more from how I will be treated. Even in Japan where always go to, I was nervous every time when I visit gyn. So I met doctor. A woman who kindly spoke high German for me. First shock. A chair for internal examination was sitting there facing door. Second shock. There is no curtain in front of this chair. In Japan, when you sit on this chair just like being a frog, you can't see a face of doctor who is checking inside. Like this, patient is less embarrassing. But here, I can't see curtain anywhere!! My anxious was already in full level.. Then the doctor asked me many questions. She wants to know everything about me relating gynecology. I was not able to concentrate 100% since this freaky chair was always in my sight. Then she told me take off my underwear. Ok,,,, here it comes.. I didn't realize but there is a small curtain on the corner of the room and I had to take off underwear. I wore short skirt this date so that I don't have to be completely naked but I was even not allowed to keep my skirt on. She also told me to take off my bra. Why bra as well? Being half naked, my anxious was more than 100%.. Third shock. I had to walk toward the chair in this miserable look. Again in Japan, patient can take off their underwear behind the curtain of chair. Therefore, once you took off the underwear, you can straight sit on the chair without seeing the face of doctor. So I sat down on the chair being a frog. I had to look into the eyes of doctor while she is talking, even though opening legs just like a frog. In Japan, there is a saying "A fish on the chopping board" when man is being helpless from danger. I was indeed A FISH ON THE CHOPPING BOARD!! I don't know whether the doctor was aware of my anxiety or not but she put on gloves on her both hands. Then came something instrument inside. Whhhhhhhh, I hate it this moment. Somehow it heats up for a while. I was praying to finish as soon as possible. Then she started massage my breast asking whether I check my breast condition myself. Well, no... I've never taught to do so in my life nor being massaged my breast ny doctor.. Fourth shock. No she sticked in her finger into me. I was surprised but trying to be calm. But same time she start pushing my stomach which is very tickling. I closed my mouth tight and just wishing that time goes by. FIFTH SHOCK!! Which is the biggest!! Ohhhh, so horrible even think about it. After her finger was removed, I thought it's finished but then all of sudden, she sticked in her finger in my axx. I had to scream this moment. I was too shocked and finally tear came out from eyes... I was really hoping for a word "finish" but doctor is still preparing something which looks very very dangerous.. She is now holding big thick stick in her hand. I was speaking to myself, if that is another instrument, I have to die. But, nooooooooo!! She is putting condom on the stick and adding gel on it!!! Please, let me run away from this room!!! " Ok, sixth shock. Of course, she sticked in this bar into me... Whatever.. I thought I could bare anything now.. But actually not. She never let this bar go from me. She showed me the screen and explaining about my body while this instrument is inside. She moved the bar left and right, back to left again, telling me this and this. I don't remember anything she has said. I was just praying to god. Please just let me go. So my first visit to a doctor has finished, remaining trauma.. I had to have a sip of very good coffee to be back in mood of weekend. Next appointment with doctor is November...
Update: I just found this article in Weltwoche

Keine Kommentare: