Samstag, 16. Juni 2007

Baking a ZOPF!

Today, I faced another new challenge. Fighting with strong and tough one.. A ZOPT!! Zopf is the one I met first in Switzerland. I've never seen him in Germany or any other countries, but in here Switzerland, he is loved by everybody as a breakfast partner on weekends. (my husband telling me that he is also seen in Germany though..) Zopf is very sweet and soft one. It has a stylish shape and taste very good with honey or jam. Yes, it's a special bread which on weekend, you'll find it in every bakeries. My mother-in-law bake Zopt every Saturday. She bake huge one and it becomes as a main dish on next Sunday morning. It is always so nice to share a big Zopf with family. The Zopf make the table gorgeous and we enjoy slow Sunday breakfast. My mother-in-law, Ursula is actually working every Saturday. She is super busy woman, however, she always manage to bake Zopf. I always wanted to know the procedure of Zopf baking and finally I learned it! PICT1373_2 Oh yes, that was not easy. Above photo is bad example. I'm kind or grabbing the dough. When I do like this, all the dough stick to the fingers and not good. PICT1380_2 So Ursula showed me how it works.. PICT1375_2 Ok, let me try again... PICT1352_2 Now I start getting to it! Yes, like grabbing air into the dough. Faster and faster!! Ohhhhh, but this dough is heavy. Maybe it's the best way to train your arm.. Once the dough become soft enough like baby's cheek, then wait for a while until it's get larger. Waiting for an hour, dough expand so big as a bowl.. Is became triple larger than before!! What a dough! Cut the dough in two, make two long strings nice and gentle and tight them up.. Like this. Before in the oven, Zopf must dress up a little bit. Make up, make up, paint paint paint,, with egg. Oh, I love my Zopf. It is nice and soft like a baby... But once out of oven, Zopf was already matured. Crispy dough looked sooooo tasty and it smells so good! Zopt grown up as a sexy adult. Anyway, baking Zopf was great success! It was also great fun to work together with my Japanese neighbor. (she's like my little sister!) IMGP1984 Can't wait tomorrow's breakfast...

Keine Kommentare: