Sonntag, 23. März 2008

1st day in London- full tour in one day-

We really did full power from the 1st day in London. Over the Easter, we decided to enjoy holiday in London, where I've never been before. Swiss and Japanese couple hardly do last minutes. We have planned this trip since October.

London is 1 hour behind so we woke up before 7. Quickly had breakfast at the hotel and kicked off to the city.

First check point is "the tower of London".

London 1st day

It was my request, who studied world history. The tower has been standing here more the 1000 years and has seen everything happened in London. It also has uncountable bloody events. They were always due to the conflict of religion or layal hearitage.

London 1st day

It's so amazing that such a huge architecture made in 1000 years before. When I stand in front of the tower, I have to imagine old ages and also people who related to.

London 1st day

Tower bridge is right in front of the London Tower. When the huge ship goes by, it will open the gate. I like goldengate bridge in San Francisco much better but it is a funny bridge.

By the way, our hotel is locating Liverpool station. We walked all the way down to Tower bridge and then conitnued to St. Paul's Cathedral.

London 1st day

Since it was Good Friday, sightseeing was not allowed inside. I have been told to put away Japanese guide. Anyway we went it and been amazed by beautiful painting on the ceiling and on the wall.

London 1st day

The photo from it's entrance. London is really a huge city but this corner remains nice old European city.

Then we continued to Millennium bridge. After old Cathedral, my husband wanted to see modern one.

London 1st day

What I have realized in London is that, city is constructed by both old and modern architecture and they a collaborating so well.

London 1st day



You'll find one of the most modern designed building in the world but in behind, there is a chuch standing their many centuries!

London 1st day

Millennium bridge was a project of 2000 but from here, you can see cathedral and london tower.. What a contrast.

We went even further by foot. We wanted to go British museum but unfortunately it was closed. So we walked down Oxford street torward Oxford Circle.. One of the most important thing I had to do in London was visiting TOPSHOP!!

London 1st day

My husband went a little bit crazy, I went very very crazy. I don't know how many hours I spent here. Kate Moss, bravo!!!

After big shopping, we walked down Regency Street and had nice tea at Fortnum Mason, one of the best tea in England.

I bought lots of souvenir as well.

London 1st day

London 1st day

We had just small bite here but all the food looked very good. Next time I want ot real lunch here.

So,,, our tour even continue further!!

We walked down...

London 1st day

We walked by Trafaiger Square..

London 1st day

St. James Park...

London 1st day

and reach Big Ben!! One of the most well known symbol in England. Lucily the sky has cleared up and I could take great photo with red bus.

London 1st day

Of course we checked out Westminister Abbey in neighbor. Unfortunately couldn't get it though.

So our 1 st day went on. From here, we took cab back to our hotel in Liverpool. Took a bath and prepared for a dinner.

Yes we did all the major "tourist things". Thouse who are confident with toughness, could be our route is a good schedule for London tour.

2 Kommentare:

Anonym hat gesagt…

ouuuh, I am very envious, shopping at topshops for hours sounds good to me, may I borrow your husband? ;-)
by the way, madrid has a topshop as well. you are very welcome here! hug

yucocktail hat gesagt…

Hi Fay, Thanks for your comment! Check out more about shopping from my new post! Yes my husband is very supportive about my shopping, worth to rent him:)

Topshop in Madrid!? I definetely have to check it out!