Montag, 7. Mai 2007

Birthday party at Circus!

Ok, I knew how people celebrate birthday is very different from Japan. In Japan, my sweet girlfriends or boyfriends always organized birthday party for me, often as "SURPRISE". They usually arrange nice restaurants with a surprise of decorated birthday cake. But here, it's a birthday person who has to arrange a big parth for himself! Even though it's YOUR birthday, he has to pay for everybody! Ohhhhh, I can hardly understand. Birthday is the only day you are be spoiled by everybody and why you have to have hard work of organizing!! But now I understood. Saturday was the first birthday party I attended which is organized by herself. Birthday person was an aunt of my husband. So, where we arrived was here. I thought it will be a rstaurant but,,, what a hell is this? I went in,,, and found out that inside of the tent is functioning as cocktail party place!! There was about 40 people inside, enjoying cocktails, snacks and introducing each others. I like this Swiss "Aperitif" style. You won't dine around immediately. Suprise went further.. There was another tent waiting for us which is perfectly prepared. 40 people, big group of family are all dining at the same place, inside of tent!! There was one or two speech, beautiful poem and we all celebrate her birthday. After the 3 course menu, salad, soup and main menu, another surprise! The entrance of circuse was already organized! My first circus experience!! Even the name is printed on the ticket!! Beautiful performance on the rope. This is not magic show. Her legs were just miracle. During the break, we went back to "restaurant tent" and had a bite of cheese. Whole show was full of surprise and laughers. The team had indeed great sense of humor! I had to crack many times. Back to the restaurant, dessert was waiting! Big scoops of icecream and cakes! I'm not the birthday girl but spoiled too much:) After all, we all chilled and enjoy sharing special date of aunt Hedwick. Now I understood the reason why birthday person organize the party by own. Aunt Hedwick looked really happy to spend time with everybody. It's nice to take intiative and arrange the party exactly on your birthday. Then you could celebrate your big day with many people, Otherwise, you never know what your birthday will be like. It was such a heartwarming party.

2 Kommentare:

Anonym hat gesagt…

i like a lot how you describe what u see and experience. yes, in switzerland it is quite usual that the birthday person throws a party - but on special birthdays (usually the "round" ones, i.e. at the end of a personal decade) sometimes people get spoiled by their beloved or a good friend who prepares a surprise party for them too. best regards sibylle

yucocktail hat gesagt…

Thanx for the comment!! I have just learned last Monday that sometime one prepare a party secretly to your love one. One of my friend organized a party to her boyfriend first time after long-term relationship. Like this way, birthday person will not expect anything and it really turns out to be a surprise! I found it quite interesting!