Mittwoch, 16. Dezember 2009

Weekend in Paris

Why Christmas decoration is so boring in Zurich!? It's the most largest city in Switzerland but along the main street, only cold colored "light-bar" is hanging in the middle. Although trees are standing along the street, they are not decorated with illumination.

I'm now having third Christmas in Zurich. December is one of my favorite month. It is cold but the atmosphere of holiday and upcoming new year makes me feel excited. When I was in Tokyo, I really loved to hop around and check beautiful Christmas illumination. I really miss it now.

I learned that illumination in Omotesando will come back first time after 11 years. Waht!? Omotesando is a most romantic shopping street in Tokyo and it was locating just few steps away from my university. Those days, when I was a student, I could walk Omotensando every day. But somehow they stopped this illumination since 1997 up to now. Now, I'm so far away from Tokyo and they started this beautiful illumination again.

The morning I saw the news was the day after I learned about Omotesando's illumination. The news caster said "Illumination in Champs-Élysées lighted up today!".

Paris 2009

and this is it. Paris is closer to Zurich than Omotesando:)

A present for man is always difficult. I had headache to think about a Christmas present for my husband this year. I never see him using or wearing my gift that I bought to him in past. (only exception of Fridag's bag) He is also not a kind of person who go for a shopping to look for a present.

I thought "Weekend in Paris" can be a good present for him than buying something useless.

Paris 2009

Paris was amazing. This illumination was even more gorgeous than the picture above. The lights on the top half of the tree slides down just like shooting star or like piece of snow.

Along this illumination stands Christmas market. The atmosphere was quite different from that of Germany or Switzerland. Odie grabbed Crape, Hamburger and Hot wine from here..

Paris 2009

I visited Paris first time after 10 years. 10 years ago, I visited this city with my parents in summer. This time, I only have 2 days. I decided to experience something which I didn't do 10 years ago.

Paris 2009

The Louvre. It was tempting but we decided not to get in. I went in 10 years ago and if I go in again, it will take minimum half a day. Only a photo from the entrance.

Paris 2009

Bastille Plaza. A historical plaza where French revolution has begun. The prison doesn't exist anymore but the tower of piece stands in the middle in stead.

Paris 2009

We continued our journey to Island Cité. I really loved this classic small street here.

Paris 2009

On the bridge which connect Island Cité and Saint-Louis was live music. We enjoyed this French atmosphere.

Paris 2009

Cathédrale Notre-Dame. A beautiful Gothic architecture. If the time allows, I also wanted to get inside to see it's purple rosed stained glass.

Paris 2009

We had short break at cafe and moved on to Saint-Germain area where you can enjoy shopping in many small boutiques. It was freezing cold in Paris so I bought a new coat.

Paris 2009

Attractive French sweets is also something you cannot miss. I cannot leave Paris without eating rose macaron from Pierre Herme. Ohh, this combination of rose flavored macaron and raspberries was like a dream.

These area were all totally new for me which I didn't see 10 years ago. I got to know something new in this city.

December in Paris? You have to see it's shopping heat!

Paris 2009

Look at this lovely illumination! You can never find this in Switzerland! A department store attracting customer with it's illumination:)

Paris 2009

and check out this one!

Paris 2009

Another mosaïque designed illumination on the department store.. I can imagine that people in Zurich complain if such a fancy illumination show up in the city..

Paris 2009

Inside was even more crazy!! Huuuuuuge Christmas tree standing in the middle of the hall! Base color is pink!

Paris 2009

Pink gift boxes are flying in the air..

On my god, I have never seen such a decoration even in Tokyo:)

Paris 2009

Among such a crazy shopping district, a representative from Japan is successful!

Paris 2009

UNIQLO. It's concept "Cheap and High Quality" is obviously very welcomed by these French Fashonista. The shop was very very full!

Paris 2009

Illuminated steps at the entrance saying "Brand from Japan". It was really nice to see many Japanese staff working in the shop who are fluent in French.

Paris 2009

Another thing which I haven't done yet is,, Eiffel Tower!!

I was tricked by my husband and didn't know that I can use elevator. I had to take stairs all the way up. I mean, stairs is anyway not allowed to the VERY top, we went up until the middle. From there, we had no choice than a lift. Thanks god.

Paris 2009

We had luck with weather. The view from the top of Eiffel Tower was amazing. We could overview the whole city. It was also interesting to know that in the beginning Eiffel Tower was not welcomed by citizen. They didn't want to have ugly iron tower in the city. Mr. Eiffel gave one condition that he keep Eiffel Tower in the city for 10 years. After 10 years, he will destroy it. But during this 10 years, Eiffel Tower became a symbol of the city. It has also commercial value since it could communicate with US for the first time.

Paris 2009

If Eiffel Tower was gone, Paris would have another different face now. But we cannot imagine the city without Eiffel Tower anymore.

Paris 2009

Although it was tight schedule, I really had good time there. At the end, we have been give wrong information from Airport Bus driver and got off at the wrong terminal. This leads us to the tragedy to rush to the date without checking in the suitcase.

For my husband, our trip was just stress although we had lots of good moments. I don't know if this shopping energy was just too much for Swiss man or if this unluck in the last minutes wipe out his good memories.

Anyway, Christmas in next year will be very different. I will treasure the memories of two of us and looking forward to having totally new days with new family.

Which cosmetic matches to this event?

IMG_4629.JPG

SANTE Eyeshadow Trio smokey eyes No 06

One palette and perfect Parisian make-up!

You can get it here.

Keine Kommentare: