Donnerstag, 3. Juli 2008

Euro 2008 Final

I have never watched so many soccer game in my life before. Euro 2008 happned to taken place in Switzerland in my second year in Zurich. In the beginning, I was not that interested since my home country was not involved. But in the end, I became big fan of German team and even organized ticket for the final ! (public viewing though..)

EM Finale

I knew Germany will play the final! Upon the semi-final, when Germany played against Turkey, I thought I will burn these tickets if Turkey wins. (sorry,, just being a big fan of Germany) I

I'm glad that I didn't have to do so and able to see German team in huge screen.

EM Finale As you see in the photo, there were so many German fans who believe they will be a Champion.

EM Finale

and here come both team. Captain of Germany, Michael Ballack!! I'm especially a fan of him! He is great captain!

EM Finale

and the game bigins. However,,, it was such a beautiful summer day but the sky got dark all of the sudden. Maybe this was already a sign of tragedy..

EM Finale

German fans are all excited and they were absolutely majority among the spectators. But the atmosphere has changed soon.. The goal of German side was threatened so many times by Fernando Torres, an agressive player of Spain. Lehmann, the German goal keeper barely protected from his attack but finally,,,, Torres managed to squeeze the ball into the goal...

First score from Spain.

From this point, the strong belief of German becoming champion changed to anxious. And Spanish fans, who were minority gained more power. I see less spanish flags than german's one but they captured interest of Swiss people.

Well, my German friend told me that Swiss people always support the team playing against German. Maybe that's true. There were small number of spetactors in Spanish colour but obviously more people are cheering spanish. I believe these people were all Swiss.

EM Finale

I was looking forward to see big German party but sadly they lost. But my German friend sent me a SMS that German are not dissapointed and we are already ready to become World Champion by next World Cup. I like this positive idea. It's true that Spanish team played so well and they deserve it.

It was like a festival whole month in Zurich. I had great fun and also learned a lot about soccer, another side of European culture.

Keine Kommentare: