Dienstag, 5. Februar 2008

Art on Ice

Again, we went to see this famous show held once in a year! Last year, I enjoyed the performance specially that of gold medalist from Russia.

IMG_0216.JPG

Becauce our princess, Shizuka Arakawa, a GOLD MEDALIST FROM JAPAN will perform!!! I was really rellay looking forward to it!

IMG_0224.JPG

Special thank to Odie who organized very front row.. I could see even the facial expression of all the skaters.

IMG_0230.JPG

What's so interesting about this show is that since it's name is "Art on Ice" you can enjoy variety of performance on the ice, not only figure skating. All of the sudden, piano shows up on the middle of the ice!!

IMG_0225.JPG

Skaters can perform with live music. The perfomance of dancers on the stage was also exciting!

IMG_0344.JPG

But I have to say tht figure skating was more than impressive. I always love to see the performance of figure skate in TV. In winter olmpic, my only interest was to figure skate. How powerful the performance is to see in live..

Shizuka Arakawa

and how elegant it is....

Shizuka Arakawa

Here is the STAR of Japan, Shizuka Arakawa. I thought I will scream and be so excited when she performs but actually, I couldn't say a word. Her performance was adorable, even celestial. My eyes were following her but my body were frozen.

IMG_0276.JPG

Her performance was unlike anybody. It's like a slow flow of the river.

Yuko Kawaguchi Alexander Smirnow

There was also a Japanese skater who plays pair with Russian skater. Her name is Yuko Kawaguchi but I've never heard of her. I asked to some Japanese friends but nobody knows. Somehow I felt that these two doesn't match so well. She is too small compare to huge russian skater. But I'm curious how she goes.

IMG_0347.JPG

Another performance I've enjoyed a lot was that of Stephan Lambiel, the most popular skater from Switzerland. To my surprise, he performed with the back music of Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake!! He showed up on the ice with many sexy dancers, just like Britney:)

IMG_0346.JPG

Ice turn out to be the stage of MTV music award:)

IMG_0351.JPG

He even used chair during the performance! Wow, I've never seen such a pop ice skating. It's changed my image torward figure skating which suppose to be more classic! I understand why he is so popular in Switzerland.

IMG_0460.JPG

The show continues. Many funny performance was also held. They were swinging rings like crazy.

IMG_0524.JPG

One of the best part was here. At finale, all the skaters gathered once on the ice.

IMG_0545.JPG

and here! This part!! We, the people having seat on the front row have right to touch hands of skaters when they skate around the link!! Zeno got also excited and he gave up taking photo but I did, I touched the hand of Shizuka!!
When she came at first round, I scream "Shizuka chaaaaaaaaaaannnn!!!" and she saw me! She recognized that me, a Japanese girl is here in the first row. So on her second round, she came to me and I touched her hand!! Ohhhhhh that was unforgetable experience... I was very very excited and again shouted "Aligatoooooo!!!"(thank you). Shizuka's special performance is called "Inabauwer" which bend body backward. This is so beautiful. After the show, our family tried Inabauwer together and see who bends back the best:)

When Shizuka got her gold medal, I was here in Switzerland to engage with Zeno. It was such a coincident that I happen to be in Switzerland and watching her performance with Zeno. Now I'm living here and seeing her performance in live in Zurich, again with Zeno.

IMG_0567.JPG

Thank you to all the performers for such a touching night.

1 Kommentar:

Anonym hat gesagt…

荒川静香!すごい!
突然のコメント失礼しました。