Sonntag, 30. Dezember 2007

Baking bread

Our holiday is precious family time. Yesterday, I baked bread with Ursula.

Baking bread

We used 2kg of flour!!
It's a very healthy bread, using brown flour and mixing oatmeal together.

Baking bread

First, put all flour in a bowl and add little bit of salt.

Baking bread

Meantime, mix the magic powder with sugar which ferment the bread.

Baking bread

Soon it turned into liquid. Interesting..

Mix Oatmeal, some almond powder in flour and add this liquid also in the middle of the bowl.

Baking bread

Baking bread

and just keep making knead dough by hand! This is tough job.

Baking bread

Don't forget to put flour on your hand before working...

Baking bread

Our friend suddenly visited us while I was working with this dough. He had to risk himself:)

Baking bread

After working with the dough for a while, the texture became like a soft ear lobe of baby. Take it out from the bowl and put it on the table covered by flour.

Baking bread

Baking bread

and make small pieces.

Baking bread

Gently put them on the tray.

Baking bread

about 60 breads are made out from 2 kilo of flour.

Then wait for a while until they nicely ferment.

IMG_5061.JPG

Like this!

IMG_5064.JPG

Bake in the 220C oven for 20 min.

I enjoyed it's delicious aroma while baking them in the oven.

IMG_5069.JPG

Hmmmmmmm, perfect!!

IMG_5068.JPG

Ursula's special bread!

IMG_5070.JPG

I tasted one as soon as came out from the oven. It was the best bread I've ever had, better than any ther bakeries!!

IMG_5071.JPG

In Zürich, since me and my husband often has our own schedule over the weekend, I hardly had time to bake or cook together with Ursula. But staying in a same home over holiday, we have plenty of time to do something together, which I really enjoy.
Next time, I want to try making hand-made pasta!

Keine Kommentare: